Friday, August 3, 2012

5-day tour

Christine and I stayed on for a 5-day tour of  Sri Lanka. We saw lots of elephants crossing a stream.
Baby elephant walk.
She likes my music!
We will climb the rock, first thing tomorrow morning at 7.30 a.m.
*
*
Half way up.
Looking back.
Better nudes than Playboy!
More cave paintings
*
Mirror wall
*
The final climb to the top.
*
Robert and I.
I played my flute on the top of the Rock to chase away all the taniwha (ghosts).
*
Breakfast after the climb.
Hindu temple
Statue of Buddha
Kandy, the second largest city of Sri Lanka is famous for having the relic, a tooth of Buddha.
There were lots of monkeys at our hotel.
They were every where around the hotel. We were warned to keep all our windows/doors closed. One guest complained that a monkey got into his room and took a packet of cashew nuts. He has to pay for this when he checked-out later!
buying local handicrafts.
comfort stop at a tea house.

2 comments:

  1. My full admiration to you and Christine, What inspired you to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were looking for a holiday with a difference. This fits all the requirements! :)

    ReplyDelete